ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA
The University of Manitoba, a distinguished institution dedicated to creating a brighter future, stands at the forefront of global impact. With a steadfast commitment to mitigating the far-reaching effects of climate change, promoting Reconciliation, championing health as an intrinsic human right, and revolutionizing the educational landscape, UM shines as a guiding beacon for those yearning to make a profound difference.
As Manitoba’s preeminent academic institution, UM boasts an extensive repertoire of over 100 premier undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs. These distinguished offerings are complemented by dedicated co-op programs and transformative postdoctoral research opportunities, allowing students to immerse themselves in groundbreaking scholarly pursuits.
In the quest for knowledge and enlightenment, many aspiring scholars embark on their academic journey through UM’s illustrious University 1 program. This unparalleled entry-level initiative provides students with an extraordinary platform for exploration, granting them exposure to a diverse tapestry of disciplines while simultaneously fulfilling essential course requirements. Such an immersive experience empowers students to navigate the vast array of academic possibilities, making informed choices about their future academic endeavors.
The University of Manitoba’s unwavering commitment to constructing a better world transcends the bounds of conventional academia. Championing sustainable practices, embracing inclusivity, and embracing social responsibility, UM embarks on a transformative mission that transcends educational excellence. By spearheading endeavors to combat the repercussions of climate change, fostering Reconciliation with Indigenous communities, and advocating for health as an inherent human entitlement, UM cultivates a community of trailblazers fervently dedicated to effectuating positive societal change.
In summary, the University of Manitoba stands as an epitome of academic eminence and societal transformation. Through its diverse range of programs, unwavering dedication to groundbreaking research and experiential learning, and an unwavering commitment to tackling pressing global challenges, UM empowers students to forge a path towards a brighter future. By embracing the university’s visionary ethos and noble values, students become catalysts for change, propelling themselves into leadership roles within their respective domains.
In pursuit of its commitment to fostering inclusivity and providing accessible education, The University of Manitoba is pleased to announce the International Undergraduate Student Bursary for the academic year 2023. This prestigious bursary is designed to support international students with good academic standing and demonstrated financial need, who are embarking on their Bachelor’s degree journey during both the fall and winter terms. This article will delve into the details of this scholarship opportunity, its value, eligibility criteria, and the application process.
The International Students Bursary Details:
Application Deadline: October 1, 2023
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Total Scholarship Amount: $240,000 (divided equally among the recipients)
Eligible Fields of Study: All
Eligible Countries: International
To be considered for the International Students Bursary, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Good Academic Standing: Applicants should have a commendable academic track record.
2. Registration: Students must be registered for both the fall and winter terms.
3. Financial Need: Demonstrated financial need is a crucial factor for this bursary.
4. Course Completion: All students must successfully complete courses in both the fall and winter terms. Generally, students must enroll in and complete a minimum of 60 percent of a full course-load per term (equivalent to at least 9 credit hours per term).
5. GPA Requirements: Continuing students must maintain a minimum degree GPA of 2.0, while new students (fresh from high school) must possess a grade 12 average of 70% or higher. Mature students admitted under special circumstances may also be eligible.
6. First-Year Students: International students in their first year of post-secondary study in Canada are not eligible to apply for the general bursary program.
To apply for the International Students Bursary, applicants must follow these steps:
1. Demonstrate Financial Need: Clearly document financial need on the application form.
2. Government Loan Assessment: If students have applied for government student loans from other provinces, they must provide a copy of the current official government loan assessment to support their declaration of financial need.
3. General Bursary Application: Complete the University of Manitoba General Bursary Application, which is available online from the beginning of August each year until the application deadline of October 1.
With the International Students Bursary, The University of Manitoba aims to ensure that deserving international students can pursue their educational aspirations without financial constraints. This bursary program not only assists students in covering their educational expenses but also encourages academic excellence and inclusivity within the university community.
The International Students Bursary at The University of Manitoba presents an exceptional opportunity for international students to receive financial support while pursuing their undergraduate studies. By offering equal access to quality education, this bursary contributes to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic environment. We encourage eligible students to seize this chance and apply for this prestigious bursary, as it can pave the way for a transformative educational journey at The University of Manitoba.