Packaging Machine Operators in Milwaukee, USA – APPLY NOW
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we’ve implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but aren’t limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. These safety precautions also include limiting the onsite workforce to production essential workers. additionally , we offer all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
Due to our automated system and software, please use a lively email address when creating your login profile and screen your spam and junk mail, as our emails tend to be placed in those mailboxes.
Read this: Farm Workers Needed in USA – APPLY NOW
The General Mills Milwaukee Plant manufactures and distributes snacks for the North American Retail and C&F Business segments. The site’s product portfolio includes Chex Mix, Muddy Buddies, Bugles, and Gardetto’s. Located 6 miles south of downtown Milwaukee, the location was built in 1968 and owned by the Gardetto family until it was acquired by General Mills in 1999. Today, the plant employs over 200 employees and is functioning on our Zero Loss Culture journey.
Our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents, and it’s every employee’s responsibility to fully support this vision. Packaging Machine Operators (PMO’s) are hired as members of a producing team. they’re responsible for the support of various processing and high-speed packaging equipment operations throughout the facility.
The General Mills-Milwaukee plant operates on a 12-2 schedule which means we run every other weekend and also have a 2-2-3 schedule. the bulk of our open positions are on an off shift but we do have some day shift opens available. we’ll take your shift and schedule preference into consideration.
- 1st Shift: 7am-3pm (working every other weekend) @ $21.25/hr
- 2nd Shift: 3pm-11pm (working every other weekend) @ $22.10/hr
- 3rd Shift: 11pm-7am (working every other weekend) @ $22.10/hr
- Day Crew: 7am-7pm (2-2-3 Schedule) @ $21.25/hr
- Night Crew: 7pm-7am (2-2-3 Schedule) @ $22.10/hr
We are looking to rent Packaging Machine Operators starting at $22.10 (off shift) and $21.25 (day shift). Additionally, we provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, disability, etc. that begins on your first day of employment. All employees begin their career with General Mills with 15 days of vacation, which is formed available for you to use after your first 90-day probationary period. Additional time-off benefits are available to all or any employees, as well.
- Ensure Human and Food Safety are your favorite priority and partner with team to identify and eliminate risks daily
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures to make sure a safe working environment
- Follow standard operating procedures to work various pieces of high speed and/or high-tech processing and packaging equipment
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical or other issues with equipment and partner with service staff and/or additional resources when necessary to resolve issues effectively
- Address operational issues during a timely manner and communicate results to team leader
- Enter Work Orders for any defects you identify
- Perform human and food safety checks daily
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives so as to increase platform performance
- Calibrate processing and packaging systems as necessary
- Perform, audit, and/or verify the completion of HACCP checks and other regulatory paperwork and documentation
- Participate in start-up, change over, shut down, and cleaning of operating equipment
- Perform disassembly and reassembly of necessary equipment
- Perform cleans on equipment, as necessary, per our Food Safety requirements
- Address team training gaps by working with the Training Coordinators and function a trainer for new team members
- Operate forklift equipment safely to maneuver materials and product throughout the plant
- Attend meetings and trainings as needed
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
Read this: Delivery Job Vacancy in USA – Apply Now
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must have the continued right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- High School Diploma or GED
- Effective written and speech skills
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- Must be ready to lift 50 lbs as required by the position
- Must be ready to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Ability to climb and/or work on heights while utilizing stairs, ladders, personnel lifts, or platforms
- Willing and ready to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends
- Ability to wear protective clothing and equipment like safety shoes, face masks, safety glasses, hearing protection, a tough hat, a hair/beard net and gloves when required
- Willing and ready to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to figure in hot, cold, noisy, dusty, wet environmental working conditions
- Ability to figure with allergens that might be present in a food environment
- Willing to figure around industrial high-speed moving machinery
- 1-2 years of experience during a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
We exist to form food the world loves. But we do quite that. Our company may be a place that prioritizes being a force for good, an area to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. we glance for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people that are hungry for what’s next.
We do not give out jobs to applicant, all we do is to provide jobs update across the world for easy access and submission of applications and CV. And also get to know that all service rendered on this platform is a selfless act that does not require any payment from the website users. Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams.