Get to understand The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is liable for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and therefore the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one among the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to Understand the Role
Job Title: Market Development Manager
Job Summary: Manages Market Development across France and therefore the Benelux region, liable for on-boarding of retail locations, manages day-to-day customer relationships and plans and executes related events and projects.
People Manager: No
Play! Pokémon Stores are the inspiration of our Organized Play programs. Become a part of a global team that grows the network of retail locations participating in the Play! Pokémon programs around the world. As a member of the EMEA Retail Team located at our London office you’ll be responsible for managing day-to-day customer relationships in France and the Benelux and handling various internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
Manage Market Development across France and therefore the Benelux:
- Identifies and develops retail accounts and relationship programs designed to supply opportunities to grow the network for Play! Pokémon programs.
- Recruits, develops and manages Play! Pokémon Store partnerships and opportunity pipelines and ensures the retention, growth and customer satisfaction of shops .
- Promote Play! Pokémon Programs with internal and external stakeholders.
- Evaluates program trends and provides analysis and proposals for improvement of market performance.
- Works toward mutual goals, strategies, and objectives to create awareness and support of overall strategic benefits of the Play! Pokémon Store network.
- Provides for KPI analyses, long-range forecasting and analysis to suggest potential partnerships.
- Monitors and evaluates programs to assess the impact of the solutions within the marketplace and the overall success of the Play! Pokémon programs.
- Monitors competitor activity in retail and implements strategies to take care of retention and become best-in-class retail network for Organized Play programs.
- Attend key international events to sync with resellers & Retailers, Pokémon Professors and international vendors, among others.
- Manage vendor contracts, ensuring alignment with program and organization goals.
Day-to-day support including but not limited to the following:
- Onboarding of latest leagues, including review and processing of league applications from Play! Pokémon Stores including administration of background check and Retail Professor applications.
- Execute roll-out of Play! Pokémon Programs to eligible Play! Pokémon Stores in alignment with stakeholders including communication with retailers, day-to-day support and reporting.
- Support, planning and/or execution of varied projects and programs of differing scope including, but not limited to, Play! Pokémon Summits, Retailer Days, Trade Shows, and Store Tours.
- Day-to-day work with customer relationship management system and handling of user data of retail venues and store contacts including address maintenance and email campaigns.
- Collaborate with production and logistics to make sure timely shipping to all relevant materials to eligible Play! Pokémon Stores.
- Daily coordination and reply to customer service escalations through email and/or ticketing system, delegation where necessary, and improving workflows.
- Assist in investigation, documentation and follow-up on retail program policy compliance with internal and external stakeholders in close collaboration with the Policy Team.
What You’ll Bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Marketing, Sales or Project Management qualifications desirable.
- A great communicator, coordinator, organiser and presenter who can effectively and efficiently manage projects and have interaction with people.
- Business fluent English and French required, further language(s) desirable.
- Highly numerate and goal oriented with ability to independently handle and organise various sorts of data in day-to-day work.
- Comfortable presenting ahead of professional audiences in person and online.
- Knowledge of retail development and/or grassroots play retention programs desirable.
- Ability to analyse and present information in concise overviews to peers, management and customers, including recurring reporting and training documentation.
- Fully familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint) and particularly data organisation and analysis in Excel required, familiarity with Workfront, JIRA and Salesforce (or similar CRM systems) desirable.
How You’ll Achieve Success
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it’s on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and keenness to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the likelihood of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading sympathetically , taking note of others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to take care of and promote high standards, looks for brand spanking new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to hunt and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and dealing collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and wishes of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a singular Pokémon experience.
What to Expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that remember the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: £55000.00 – £83000.00. This range is applicable for the market where the role is intended to be hired. it’s common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly associated with each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life assurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to explain the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. they’re not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees could also be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles within the United Kingdom, candidates will need the proper to work. In some cases, and for a few roles, the corporate may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to possess the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and should consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
We do not give out jobs to applicant, all we do is to provide jobs update across the world for easy access and submission of applications and CV. And also get to know that all service rendered on this platform is a selfless act that does not require any payment from the website users. Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams.