Home Care Assistance Needed – Singapore
Homecare (also spelled as home care) is health care or supportive care provided by a professional caregiver in the individual home where the patient or client is living, as opposed to care provided in group accommodations like clinics or nursing home. Homecare is also known as domiciliary care, social care or in-home care. It comprises a range of activities, especially paramedical aid by nurses and assistance in daily living for ill, disabled or elderly people.
Clients receiving home health care may incur lower costs, receive equal to better care, and have increased satisfaction in contrast to other settings.
Occasionally, palliative and end-of-life care can be provided through home health nursing.
Home health nurses may assist patients with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as bathing, toileting, and feeding, or they direct and supervise the aide in providing ADL care. Nurses keep track of vital signs, carry out physician orders, draw blood, document the tasks they perform and the patient’s health status, and communicate between the patient, family, and physician.
Some nurses travel to multiple homes per day and provide short visits to multiple patients, while others may stay with one patient for a certain amount of time per day.
About Job Location
Singapore officially the Republic of Singapore, is a sovereign island country and city-state in maritime Southeast Asia. It lies about one degree of latitude (137 kilometres or 85 miles) north of the equator, off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula, bordering the Strait of Malacca to the west, the Singapore Strait to the south, the South China Sea to the east, and the Straits of Johor to the north. The country’s territory is composed of one main island, 63 satellite islands and islets, and one outlying islet, the combined area of which has increased by 25% since the country’s independence as a result of extensive land reclamation projects. It has the third highest population density in the world. With a multicultural population and recognising the need to respect cultural identities of the major ethnic groups within the nation, Singapore has four official languages: English, Malay, Standard Chinese, and Tamil. English is the lingua franca and numerous public services are available only in English. Multiracialism is enshrined in the constitution and continues to shape national policies in education, housing, and politics.
Singapore is a unitary parliamentary republic with a Westminster system of unicameral parliamentary government, and its legal system is based on common law. Although the country is a multi-party democracy with free elections, the government under the People’s Action Party (PAP) wields significant control and dominance over politics and society. The PAP has ruled the country continuously since full internal self-government was achieved in 1959, with 83 out of 104 seats in Parliament as of the 2020 election, the rest of the seats being held by the Workers’ Party (WP) and the Progress Singapore Party (PSP). One of the five founding members of ASEAN, Singapore is also the headquarters of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Secretariat, the Pacific Economic Cooperation Council (PECC) Secretariat, and is the host city of many international conferences and events. Singapore is also a member of the United Nations, World Trade Organization, East Asia Summit, Non-Aligned Movement, and the Commonwealth of Nations.
Read this also: Warehouse Operative in Dublin (Ireland)
Full Job Description
- Work in team or independently to carry out duties assigned by programme supervisor
- Provide home-based personal care services to help adult & elderly Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in their own homes, to improve the Quality of Life (QOL) of the client
- Communicate and build rapport with clients and their families / caregivers
- Work with clients and caregivers where possible to educate caregivers on how best to assist them in achieving ADL & IADL independence
- Attend to client at their home, & record the intervention / services provided conscientiously and in a timely manner
- Update and maintain proper documentation and records of client’s condition and accurate collation of data (progress notes, schedule, etc)
- Keep proper record / occurrence report on safety of clients, and report incidents (if any) to Programme Supervisor
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion in matters involving client Care
- Ensure clients’ confidentiality is maintained and adhered to PDPA policy when using systems such as ICMS / Tablets, and when handling confidential information to stakeholders
- Assistance with persona care tasks, and activities of daily living (ADLs) including but not limiting to:
- Bathing / showering
- Oral hygiene / brushing of teeth / dentures
- Changing of clothes, undergarments, continence aids and any soiled sheets
- Cleaning of skin / wounds
- Lifting, transferring and positioning of clients
- Simple hair trimming
- Toileting and other elimination needs
- Assistance with instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) including but not limiting to:
- Assisting in light housekeeping and laundry
- Assistance / reminder with medication
- Simple errands such as grocery shopping, etc
- Mind stimulating activities which could include, but not limiting to:
- Arts and crafts
- Puzzles or games
- Discussion of current affairs
- Elder-sitting and respite, including companionship, and any other recreational and leisure activities with the home setting which are part of the client’s interest.
- Performing simple maintenance exercises such as stretching, assist in walking, assist in stair climbing.
Read this also: Work as a Junior Chef
- At least a Secondary education
- NITEC in Comm Care or Nursing is preferred but not a must
- Some working experience as a Care Associate
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Comfortable in travelling all over the island
- Meticulous and accurate
- Effective team-player
- Prior experience interacting / working with PWDs would be an added advantage
- Ability to converse in Malay, Mandarin, Tamil and/or other local dialects would be an added advantage
- Emotionally resilient to work with adult and elder persons with moderate to severe disability and stressed up family caregivers
- Able to work alongside with a multi-disciplinary team consisting of therapist, social worker, care associates, programme executive, and volunteers
- Able to work independently
We do not give out jobs to applicant, all we do is to provide jobs update across the world for easy access and submission of applications and CV. And also get to know that all service rendered on this platform is a selfless act that does not require any payment from the website users. Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams.