About Job Location
Singapore officially the Republic of Singapore, is a sovereign island country and city-state in maritime Southeast Asia. It lies about one degree of latitude (137 kilometres or 85 miles) north of the equator, off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula, bordering the Strait of Malacca to the west, the Singapore Strait to the south, the South China Sea to the east, and the Straits of Johor to the north. The country’s territory is composed of one main island, 63 satellite islands and islets, and one outlying islet, the combined area of which has increased by 25% since the country’s independence as a result of extensive land reclamation projects. It has the third highest population density in the world. With a multicultural population and recognising the need to respect cultural identities of the major ethnic groups within the nation, Singapore has four official languages: English, Malay, Standard Chinese, and Tamil. English is the lingua franca and numerous public services are available only in English. Multiracialism is enshrined in the constitution and continues to shape national policies in education, housing, and politics.
Singapore’s history dates back at least a millennium, having been a maritime emporium known as Temasek and subsequently as a major constituent part of several successive thalassocratic empires. Its contemporary era began in 1819 when Stamford Raffles established Singapore as an entrepôt trading post of the British Empire. In 1867, the colonies in Southeast Asia were reorganised and Singapore came under the direct control of Britain as part of the Straits Settlements. During the Second World War, Singapore was occupied by Japan in 1942, and returned to British control as a separate crown colony following Japan’s surrender in 1945. Singapore gained self-governance in 1959 and in 1963 became part of the new federation of Malaysia, alongside Malaya, North Borneo, and Sarawak. Ideological differences, most notably the perceived encroachment of the egalitarian “Malaysian Malaysia” political ideology led by Lee Kuan Yew into the other constituent entities of Malaysia—at the perceived expense of the bumiputera and the policies of Ketuanan Melayu—eventually led to Singapore’s expulsion from the federation two years later; Singapore became an independent sovereign country in 1965.
Full Job Description
Who we are?
At Inchcape Shipping Services, our vision is to have a connected world, in which our customers trade successfully and make better decisions in every port, everywhere. We use technology and our global network to help our partners connect to a smoother, smarter ocean. Inchcape combines its worldwide infrastructure with local expertise through our global network of over 240 proprietary offices, across 60 countries and a team of more than 2,500 committed professionals. Our diverse global customer base includes owners and charterers in the oil, cruise, container, and bulk commodity sectors as well as naval, government and intergovernmental organizations.
We have an ambitious growth model and a career here is certainly going to be a rewarding one that will allow you to bring your skills & experience. We embrace change and are open to new thinking and pushing for positive change in our industry.
Business Need / Purpose of Role
The Driver primary duties are to support the logistics tea on daily deliveries/pick ups and to ensure all ship’s stores, spares and provisions are properly loaded and delivered according to schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cargo clearance and lodgment (Changi FTZ & Keppel Distripark)
- Perform deliveries to Lighter terminals, Ports, and shipyards
- Perform loading and unloading from and onto the vehicle (Valid forklift license)
- Maintain vehicle in clean and working condition
- Any other duties within the scope and purpose of the job as requested by Line Manager and ensure full utilization of all ISS systems according to Standard Operating Procedures
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of logistics systems and understanding of Global Trade Compliance, Import/Export (Airfreight/Ocean Freight/Trucking), transportation limitations, regulations, and shipping/Customs documentation.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of inventory management software.
- Knowledge of MS Office especially Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills (works well with deadlines).
- Ability to work well with others.
- Possess great negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Great in problem-solving
- Candidate must possess at least a Secondary School/”O” Level/ Diploma in Logistics Management or equivalent.
- Experience working in logistics preferred, Diploma in Logistics Management or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Logistics/Warehouse/Supply Chain
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and extended working hours
Why Inchcape Shipping Services?
We believe in building a diverse and high performing workforce, that works together to provide our customers with the exceptional service they deserve. To reach the highest standards we depend on our people, their welfare, training, and expertise. We realize the value of our staff and know that your unique experiences, skills, and passions will help you to build a rich and rewarding career in our dynamic industry.
Our values are at the center of everything we do, and the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate and fully adopt these:
Global Perspective – we connect the world and see the bigger picture.
The Power of People – we rely on the strength of local agent knowledge and relationships.
Progress– we adopt new thinking and push for positive change in our industry.
In return, we will offer you:
A diverse range of benefits, depending on your geographical location. Globally as a minimum you will receive:
- Life assurance
- Competitive salary
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
We do not give out jobs to applicant, all we do is to provide jobs update across the world for easy access and submission of applications and CV. And also get to know that all service rendered on this platform is a selfless act that does not require any payment from the website users. Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams.