Location: Chicago O’Hare Intl Apt (ORD-TRML)
Are you able to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and through your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the planet , grow your expertise and become the simplest version of you. As you start a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and beauty , learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. be happy to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- Fleet Service Clerks perform the handling of things on and off aircraft, carts, containers, and trucks; transporting items between terminals and aircraft; receiving, delivering, weighing and documenting of cargo during a cargo specific facility (warehouse) or a loading dock area.
- The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the Transport Workers Union (TWU) negotiation Agreement.
What you’ll do
- Pick-up and delivery as indicated: mail at mail facility, baggage in bag room; cargo at the cargo facility or staging areas.
- Arrival and departure activities of aircraft including cleaning aircraft windshield; pushing, towing and related guide person functions.
- Reads and fills out legibly, documents and forms necessary to the operational requirements of the airline. Includes ability to perform data entry.
- The cleaning and servicing of aircraft interiors, including cabin cockpit and lavatories; checking, handling, assembling, removing and installing passenger service cabin furnishings and supplies consistent with check list specifications.
- Transporting furnishings and supplies to and from aircraft interiors.
- External servicing of the aircraft including lavatory, potable water, external electricity, air start, and preconditioned air; includes checking all fluid levels.
- De-icing aircraft. could also be required to work at heights while de-icing of aircraft
- The filling of fuel truck from storage tanks, driving fuel truck and servicing aircraft and ground equipment as needed . May require monitoring and maintenance of aircraft fuel and oil tanks by taking stick readings and checking fuel truck meter.
- Operation and maintenance of fuel storage facilities including ordering and checking deliveries of fuel and oil. Assisting in loading, unloading and racking both filled and empty drums.
- Could also be required to operate a bus and/or forklift.
This position works outdoors in various weather . thanks to flight operations Fleet Service Clerks work shifts that include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends and holidays.
All you will need for success
- Highschool diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Lift, load, unload, and transport bags and cargo to/from aircraft’s, bag carts, and conveyor belts
- Must have knowledge of and skill to use basic computer skills
- People-oriented and highly motivated, with a positive and cooperative attitude
- Good communication skills
- Applicable valid driver’s license as needed by local authorities
- Must be ready to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- Ability to get jet bridge certification
- Must have the power to pass the US Postal Service background check
What you will get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: able to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on quite 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to assist you stay well. And that’s just the beginning , we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: we would like you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you would like .
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, counting on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the purchasers we serve, inclusion and variety are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to satisfy and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you able to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
We do not give out jobs to applicant, all we do is to provide jobs update across the world for easy access and submission of applications and CV. And also get to know that all service rendered on this platform is a selfless act that does not require any payment from the website users. Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams.